Thursday, October 22, 2009

Continued... Read previous post.

I got some more Ice and then we went to our cabins. We played around and told stories. I tried to laugh but turned out ore like a cry. Kinda' like this ... "hahahehehewa!" that blue finger is REALLY annoying! I had to throw out the ice cause it was getting leaky. Lights out at 10:00. I went to sleep in pain! I woke ... it was dark ... as I opened my eyes I was COMPLETELY awake! That's REALLY usual for me. It has to be 6 in the morning! I thought. I looked at my watch and it was only 12! I was shocked! how could I be so awake? I looked at my finger ... Oh ya. My pillow was a little wet ... it wasn't drool. It smelt salty ... like tears. Climbed down and went to the bathroom. My eyes were a little red, like I've been crying for few minuets. I WAS CRYING IN MY SLEEP FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE i WAS 4! My finger was hurting like crazy!

I didn't know what to do. Should i wake Up the teacher? that was the only thing I could think of. I was kinda' scared. I heard noises and I didn't know what to do! I'm only 10! I know this doesn't sound like a big thing to threat over, but If you were in my position you would understand!
I froze. I just stood still ... In the middle of the floor. I guess I was thinking. To my relief the teach said, "what's up?" Thank God! I went to her and told her what wrong. She went to my rescue and in the middle of the night, got out of bed, went to the Mess Hall and got me some ice!

Went to bed but woke up every 2 hours. I just should of tooken a pain killer! I just remembered i had a pain killer medicine! I didn't want to wake her up again though so I just kept sleeping ... Or trying to sleep!

In the morning I was the last to wake up on my side of the cabin ... just by few minuets though. when I woke up I looked around an saw no one was there. got out of bed and I was like a celebrity! People were asking, how's your finger? How's your finger? I was starting to enjoy it! I took a shower and got dressed.

We went to breakfast and I got more ice. But it's the weirdest thing ... At night, I heard a thump and woke up, I'm usually a deep sleeper , ... not that today! I look around and I couldn't find my ice. In the morning I look under my bunk and around it but couldn't find it?! I don't know where it went!.

So any way, I had breakfast ... only a bagel though. I had a little hot chocolate (that made me feel better!) and relaxed. One of my teachers got some medical tape and made some sort of splint. It REALLY helped!

I went on the nature hike ... it was really Our last stop on the hike was up by a lake. We found 2 pairs of under pants! we made a flag out of it and made a pledge of allegiance for it! It was my idea.

After we got back from the hike, a teacher first asked if I had gotten a swab few days ago ( I was sick ... I was still sick when I went to Camp Wise!) I answered yes. She said I got positive for Srept throat! That means I had Strept throat on the field trip!!!!!

I was shocked! I sat down in amazement when they say we're splitting into 2 groups again. I was separated from Lia! AGAIN! One group does rock climbing ( jut my luck) While one packs up, then we switch. I did rock climbing first.I amazed myself when I said that I want to try rock climbing with a bad finger. I dare say I'm pretty good, I've been doing rock climbing since I was 5. But today was different. I just didn't care about my finger. i was mad at my self for putting my finger on the piano in the first place. I was going to do every thing i could at Camp Wise ... Including rock climbing.

I started climbing and gained speed. I got to the mid-way point. My finger started aching. I was half way there and it just HAD start aching. I said i wanted to come down, but I really didn't. When I reached down I took of my harness. When everybody had gotten a turn we went to the Mess Hall. we relaxed fr a while then when to my cabin to pack up. The teacher asked if i needed any help, i said no. I could do tings my self and I wanted to. My finger being hurt doesn't mean I can't do things my self. i was really irritated with myself.

I took my stuff to the Mess Hall and set it down with the other bags. i was really tired. I sat by the fire and relaxed.

My mom was goin' to pick me up early because of my Stept throat. And so she did. when she came she looked at my finger and she got all my stuff in the car. We waited until lunch came out. I ate some food an then we left Camp Wise.

It was PRETTY AWESOME WITH A CHANCE OF PAIN.

K.

Sabrina

PS. Now the story is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment