Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh happy day!

Right now, you would think I would be at at school, learning.
But, I am my Dad's office, because it is Bring Your Kid To Work Day!
But I am still learning things.

When we parked at the Cleveland Clinic, where my Dad works, we went to his office, and got ready for an research experiment. It has to do with Second Life.
Second Life is a Multi User Virtual Environment. That means that lots of people have accounts on Second Life, and it is on the computer. Second Life is like a game without any story, meaning, that U could do whatever U want!

So as I was saying, the research question was, "Could Medical Students Learn How To Interview Patients from Second Life?".
How they did it was, that the part playing the patient was actually a doctor, and the medical student was playing the part of the doctor. The 2 were in different rooms, and chatted through headphones. It's hard to explain, but if U want to know more, make an account on Second Life!

After that, my dad worked on the computer, while I got to spend time with a graphic designer! He showed me some REALLY cool things!
Like how to change what a button says on the internet, and how to make things glow, and the other things stay the same, so that U can make one thing stick out!
It's REALLY awesome, and I can't wait until I try it at home!

After that, I ate lunch, and went on the computer to write a new post on my blog, which I am doing right now!
Soon, it will be time for me to go to school for the rest of the day.
Then go home, and get ready for soccer pratice.

See ya' later!

Sabrina.

1 comment: